From:
Dirk Coetzee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 08:29:56 -0000
Hallo everyone,

We are at present starting a project whereby we plan to mark important
natural and historic sites along the main tourist routes with signs and
information panels.

The problem is to find a suitable material and method to make these signs
so that they are as vandal proof as possible. They should also be able to
withstand very harsh weather conditions. As they will be in the open, they
will constantly be exposed to temperatures around 36 to 40 degrees
centigrade. (That is the temperature in the shade in summer)

We have been thinking of using engraved granite but this will only give a
monochrome panel while we would like to use some colour if at all possible.
The main criteria is however low maintenance and durability.

Is there somebody out there who came across a similar problem?  Your
advice, recommendations and experience would be appreciated.

Greetings to all.

Dirk

Dirk Coetzee
McGregor Museum
PO Box 316
Kimberley 8300
South Africa
Phone +27-531-32645
Fax +27 - 531-829311
E-mail  [log in to unmask]

Monday is a hard way to spend one seventh of your life.