From:
"Fifield, Rebecca" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:06:44 -0400
Hi Simone -
I'm a graduate of the GWU Museum Studies program. I was part of a NEH Fellowship they had in the late 90s to promote training of collections care administrators. I focused on preventive conservation and collections management, with an academic concentration in American material culture.

What program you attend depends on your desired focus within museum work. From my perspective (though somewhat biased, obviously) I found GWU to give me a strong background in collections management, which I have continued to use. They also have concentrations in museum administration and exhibition design. Though the program was not my first choice when I was looking, I feel it ended up being the best choice. Since I have graduated (in 1999), they have moved to a new facility on the GWU campus and I am somewhat envious of all they now have to offer.

Please feel free to contact me off-list.

Best,
Becky Fifield

Rebecca L. Fifield
Assistant Collections Manager