Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 1994 08:28:54 CDT

> Anne, be careful! I agreed to compile a list of archaeology in fiction for the
> ARCH-L list and am now up to my eyebrows in citations. I think that Elizabeth
> Peters has written some librarian detective novels.
>   It was suggested to me that William Goldman's book, THE MAN FROM GREEK AND
> ROMAN was about archaeology, but as I read it, it seems mostly to be based on
> the krater scandal that hit MOMA many years ago and is covered in Thomas
> Hoving's book, MAKING THE MUMMIES DANCE. Can anyone clarify this for me?
>
> Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
> Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  85287-1006
> PHONE: (602) 965-4579              FAX: (602) 965-9169
> INTERNET: [log in to unmask] Owner: HISTARCH

Hi Anita,

I was wondering if your list of archaeology in fiction is available on the
ARCH-L list.  Would it be in the archives yet?  I'd be very interested in
obtaining a copy of your list, but I realize that you must be inundated with
requests so I'd like to get it from the archives if it's there.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Cathryn