From:
"Sommer, Jill M Ms CTR USA IMCOM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 19:28:41 -1000
Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Thank you Marc! That is some great background information to have.  I
didn't know that the coating was becoming standard.  I know that
"archival quality" is loosely used among vendors and the community, but
it is specifically defined in everything I contract.  For the bid, I did
specify quite a few details, including 'finished in non-off-gassing
paint, powder coated or baked enamel finish to meet ISO Standards.'

I hate to waste money on the "archive" label... but if someone offered
to sell you a Lexus for $1,000, you'd have a few questions too! ;-) I
was informed that the price difference may be from the steel
composition; so I will be looking for more information on that aspect.

Thanks again!
Jill

                   ''~``
                  ( o o )
Jill Sommer
Curator of Cultural Resources, PCSU
DPW Environmental, U.S. Army Garrison Hawai'i
(808) 656-3082
(808) 656-1914 fax