From:
Erin O'Malley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:12:01 -0400
Hello Listserv!
We have some tricky lighting in our institution and I'd like to get a light meter so that I can get a better idea of how our materials are being effected when they are on display. We have both florescent and halogen lights. the florescent are supposedly covered with a UV filter...who knows if that's true though.
I'd love to get a meter that measures both visible and UV wavelengths. I came across this Elsec model, http://www.apsnyc.com/index.php?page=light-measurement  but I would like to know if there was something more affordable. We have currently have hobos so we don't really need another device to measure RH and temp.
I also looked at the models Extech has, but don't really know which of their's is the best for us.
Any suggestions you can give would be very appreciated. Feel free to contact me off list.

Thanks!
Erin O'Malley
exhibit coordinator