From:
Alex Avdichuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 14:24:52 -0400
How interesting.  Don't know if there's a similar organization with similar
policies here in Canada.  Anyone out there on this side of the border
involved in fundraising have any insight?

How do you address these issues when the musems that need fundraising the
most are the ones that don't have the money to pay a professional
fundraiser?

Alex Avdichuk
City of Toronto
Arts, Culture and Heritage Services

salaries, it was questioned whether a performance-based pay scale was a
good idea.
        Many of us in the fund-raising field belong to a national
organization,
NSFRE.  According to the National Association of Fund Raising Executives
"Standards of Professional Practice" (part of the NSFRE Code of Ethical
Principles 1992):
- Members shall work for a salary or fee; not percentage-based compensation
or a commission.
- Members may accept performance-based compensation such as bonuses
provided that such bonuses are in accord with prevailing practices within
the members' own organization and are not based on a percentage of
philanthropic funds raised.
Jill MacKenzie
Hagley Museum and Library