From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 12:31:18 -0600
It depends on your area, too, to get the correct / right plants or garden disign(s).  You may want
to first contact your state Horticultural, native plant society or county Master Gardener program.

But, also check out:

This Old House period gardens:  http://www.oldhousejournal.com/magazine/2005/sep/garden.shtml

Sotterley Formal gardens: http://www.sotterley.com/garden.htm

UK Gardens: http://www.rhs.org.uk/gardens/harlowcarr/gtt.asp
and, http://www.rhs.org.uk/gardens/harlowcarr/gtt_features4.asp

Southcoast gardens : http://www.southcoasttoday.com/gardens/loc_res_gardens.shtml

Contact: Fort Vancouver National Historic Site (WA) * they are into Victorian gardens and old seeds, plants.

John
Boise, ID

I'd like to tap the historic horticultural knowledge base of the list:

Is it true that only red geraniums were available in 1910?

Can you direct me to some sources for research on c. 1910 flowers?

If you want to reach me off list, I'm at [log in to unmask]

Many thanks,
Laurel

Laurel Spencer Forsythe
Executive Director