From:
Nancy J Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 00:06:27 EDT
Margarida is right. . .there is a "museum" of whiskey on the Royal Mile
in Edinburgh. If  memory serves, it is called the Whiskey Heritage Center
(or something like that). However, I don't know how helpful it will
be--it has a very Disney-esque quality and consists of a ride (in a
moving vehicle like at Disney) through the history of whiskey. You go
past scenes and dioramas while the speaker in the car plays a taped
history. Then you get out at the end and have a "free" dram (included in
the cost of admission) and go through the shop.

I don't know what kind of information you are looking for but you might
try contacting individual distilleries for historical information. Some
of the larger ones may have some information to help you. Just a thought.

Nancy Russell
Curator
Bent's Old Fort NHS
35110 Hwy 194 East
La Junta, CO 81050

On Tue, 19 May 1998 23:41:59 +0100 mhgouveia <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>I remember seeing a whisk(e)y museum three years ago in Edinburgh,
>Scotland, near the castle. Unfortunately I had no time to visit it and
>don't remember it's name ...
>
>Hope it helps.
>
>Margarida Gouveia

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]