From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:41:34 -0700
As one who moderates a glob of people, I can tell you
there are a million pounds of spam that come to the
lists with some incredible offers (sheesh).

I figured our moderators probably have two statuses:
moderated and unmoderated posters.  I figure that
those who have been around the block a while and
proven that they're not spammers are allowed to post
without the moderator approval and that newer members
have to get approved to make sure they aren't here to
try to (ahem) enhance your anatomy.

So "old folks" like Deb and I can prattle on, so that
when a post you thought better of and didn't approve
gets posted, it's a shock.  To old guard, it's
probably the way things happen.

If somebody would just shoot all the spammers, we
could all go back to posting like it was in the old
days of the internet when we walked five miles in the
snow just to post . . .

--- Tim Atherton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> apparently there are two forms of confirmation and
> posting? Possibly one
> applies if you are posting from an address that you
> are not subscribed
> under, requiring you to confirm? But if you post
> from your actual subscriber
> address, then you don't have that
> requirement/option. It just goes through
> without any further action (and you can't retract
> it...)
>
> tim

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414