From:
Linda Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2008 19:27:33 -0500
New Traveling  Exhibit Available

"For years, my only contact with the wartime experience was through
those few worn quilts that were left behind after all our guests took
with them whatever they needed. I sorted my memories as I folded and
unfolded the quilts, telling them my unspoken tales."
                                             An Keuning-Tichelaar

In the 1940s, An Keuning-Tichelaar, a Dutch Mennonite woman sheltered
hungry children, Jewish fugitives and Resistance workers from the
Nazis, and, after the war, Mennonites fleeing the Soviet Union.
Women in Canada and the United States worked together, stitching
quilts to be distributed to families and communities in war-torn
Europe after the war. Today, the quilts used and saved by An stand as
silent witnesses to the horrors of war and to people unafraid to make
choices shaped by courage and compassion.

This new exhibit, PASSING ON THE COMFORT tells the story of An and the
quilts.  It features ten quilts and comforters accompanied by eight
engaging graphic panels with historic images all housed in an
easy-to-assemble framework.   The exhibit package also includes
interactive elements, a family activity quilt, a DVD featuring an
interview with An,  materials for school and family groups and items
for sale in your gift shop.

The exhibit provides many opportunities for many museums including
those interested in quilts, 20th century history, World War II and the
Holocaust, Dutch or Mennonite history, social justice and community
engagement.

The exhibit is now available at an affordable price, $2500 for a ten
week period plus shipping to your institution.   To learn more,
including images of the quilts and the exhibit, please visit
http://passingonthecomfort.blogspot.com or contact Linda Norris,
[log in to unmask], 607-829-3501.

--
Read my blog: