From:
"Kevin W. Tucker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 1995 12:50:06 -0400
>Can anyone recommend a few good sources of information about startup and
>maintenance costs for Web pages?
>
>We're thinking of going into this with our neighbor university, but need help
>figuring out what kind of money and staff committment we're looking at.

David:

Get the university to foot the bill for equipment and maintenance costs.  If
they already have a page of their own (and many universities do) which
includes other community resources and non-profits, they can usually add
yours with no problem.  Its usually just a matter of contacting the right
people and allocating enough space on their drives and lines.

However, to keep the Web page fresh, your museum will need to be very active
in providing current information, images, and ideas.

Kevin W. Tucker
Assistant Curator of Decorative Arts
Columbia Museum of Art
tel:803-799-2810