From:
Amy Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:30:32 -0600
Hello Museum listers:
I jut stepped into a new position (events coordinator)in Long Island, New
York, the Long Island Children's Museum. This museum moved into a larger
facility and would like to start renting it out for different purposes. I
would like to hear from other museums who rent out their facilities and that
are similar to the scematics of our museum below:

Theater: holds 140 people
Entire musem: 40,000 sq. ft
Lobby: 2500 sq. feet
Studio: holds 35 people
Conference room: hold 20 people

My question is how much should we charge to rent out each of these items.
What factors should we take into consideration? Should there be a differnce
in charging for non-profits verses for profits? Should we have a referal
list of caterers? More specifically, we have an interest to rent out the
entire museum in May for 300 people. Any info wuld be helpful. You can reply
offline at [log in to unmask]

Amy Dev