From:
James Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:21:43 -0400
As a  History teacher and working a historical sight, how can we not fully
teach what the area was all about w/o not mentioning it. Knowing we have
always taught subjects, especially social studies and have not always
presented  all views, this creates a bias in the students minds. A great
example which occurs in a few days is Columbus day, we all have learn he
sailed to America in 1492,but we dont tell students how he demoralized the
individuals he met or the fact he created a slave trade.----- Original
Message -----