From:
Cathlene Brady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 03:19:07 GMT
If it's the message I think you're referring to, I went and read his
entire web page. I felt that his physical needs were being taken care of.
I can't cure him so I don't feel responsible for his mental stability. I
do think people like him should never be forgotten. We come across people
like that every day and need to frequently look at our own guildelines
for dealing with it.
It's related to beggars. If I think begging itself is immoral, I have no
trouble. But I'm not sure that it is. And I don't have time or resources to
analyze every request. I have a friend who puts food in her purse
whenever we're walking downtown. She offers this to beggars. It seems to
me to be a well-thought out compromise.

Cathy