From:
William Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2016 14:53:33 +0000
Andrew,

	If you go this method I'd recommend using Hollytex or Reemay sandwiched between the items and the blotters. This prevents the items, especially the photographs, from sticking to the blotters or fibres from the blotters transferring to the items.

	Everything reacts differently and even something as simple as this process could potentially have disastrous effects on a couple of the items. If you have access to a conservator in your various organisational memberships I'd speak with them. They may be able to come out at little or no cost and provide some specific recommendations on humidifying and flattening the various materials you have.

William Shepherd

Collections Officer

Swift Current Museum

44 Robert Street West