Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:21:56 -0400
Hello

I am a second year graduate student in the Museum Studies Program at the
University of Toronto.  I am currently collecting information for my final
research paper on the topic of museums and the web.  To be more precise, my
topic is "marketing the art museum on the web".

It would greatly assist my research if you would read and respond to the
following questionnaire.  It should not take more than 10 to 15 minutes to
complete.  Please respond by Tuesday May 4th.

Please feel free to forward this message to any other person or list you
feel is appropriate.  This questionnaire has already been cross-posted to
MUSWEB-L.

Thank you.

Andrea Racansky

QUESTIONNAIRE

1)  Name:

2)  Position:

3)  Name of Institution:

4)  Institution's URL:

5)  What is the Mission Statement or Purpose of your institution's web site:

6)  How long has your institution had a web site?
            a) less than 1 year
            b) 1 - 2 years
            c) 2 - 4 years
            d) 5 or more years (please specify)

7)  Who works on the web site?
            a) in-house designers and programmers
            b) outside consultants
            c) both a & b
            d) other (please specify)

8)  Was an external consultant used at any point to build or advise on the
site?
            yes / no

             If yes, what is the name of the company?

9)  How much time is spent maintaining the site per week?
            a) 1 - 5 hours
            b) 5 - 10 hours
            c) 10 - 20 hours
            d) more (please specify)

10)  How do people locate your site?  Please rank.
            a) search engine
            b) links from other sites
            c) printed media
            d) word of mouth
            e) newsgroups
            f) e-mail
            g) Television
            h) books

11)  Is your site linked with other sites?
            yes / no

            If yes, which ones?

12)  Does your site have the logo of sponsors (ie; exhibition sponsors)?
            yes / no

        If yes, is the logo an active link?

13)  Is there an link from your sponsor's site to your site?
            yes / no

14)  Does your institution use banner advertising?
            yes / no

            If yes, where can these banners be found?

15)  Does your site host banner advertising?
            yes / no

            If yes, whose?

16)  Can on-line visitors provide feedback online?
            yes / no

            If yes, how?

17)  Do you maintain a mailing list generated from those who provided
feedback?
            yes / no

18)  How many unique visits do you get each month?
               a) less than 100
               b) 100 - 500
               c) 500 - 1000
               e) more than 1000  (please specify)