From:
Lynda Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:56:21 -0500
THE NEW YORK CITY HISTORY FESTIVAL
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Mark your calendars! The Gotham Center for NYC History is organizing the
first New York History Festival for the week of October 7th - 14th, 2001
and we'd like you to be part of it!

"We" are a coalition of history makers- museums and historical
societies, colleges and libraries, archivists and preservationists,
buffs and scholars determined to celebrate New York City's magnificent
historical legacy.

The Festival will consist of two parts. The Kick-Off Conference, held at
the Gotham Center of CUNY, will bring together academics and public
historians for panels and presentations highlighting their work and
research. This will be followed by the Festival Week.

THE FESTIVAL WEEK
The Festival Week will be composed of public events held throughout the
city at cultural institutions, community centers, schools- anywhere
history is being done and our city's heritage explored.

We want to encourage all organizations to highlight activities in their
own neighborhoods that will be open to the public during Festival Week-
exhibits, lectures, collection of oral histories, murals, school
programs- anything having to do with New York City history. Simply
complete the Festival Participation Form. The Gotham Center will
publicize all appropriate events on our website. Let's let the world
know what wonderful resources abound for the study of history in our
city!

Send in your forms by June 1st to:
Program Committee
Gotham Center for New York City History
The Graduate School and University Center
The City University of New York
365 Fifth Ave Rm 6103
New York, NY 10016-4309
Fax: 212-817-2987
Phone: 212-817-8640

To find out more about the Gotham Center, check us out on the web at
www.gothamcenter.org

FESTIVAL PARTICIPATION FORM

NAME OF INSTITUTION:__________________________________________________

TYPE OF INSTITUTION (school, historical society, library, museum,
etc):____________________________________________________________

TYPE OF EVENT (exhibit, performance, lecture, book reading,
etc):____________________________________________________________

PERFORMANCE TIMES/PUBLIC
HOURS:________________________________________________________

ADMISSION COST:______________________________________________