From:
"Via, Marie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:21:52 -0400
Nikol --

We have had the same bad experience with vinyl on plexi panels as the
others describe -- hard to read because of the shadows produced.  You
might be able to mitigate this to some extent by using a frosted or
opaque plexi . . . We produce our larger panels by printing out the text
and accompanying graphics on a digital printer that accommodates 17"
paper, then spray mount that to a painted MDF panel (you can dress it up
a little by making the base panel slightly larger than your paper so a
colored border remains visible), which is then attached to the wall
using a very simple wooden cleat mount that we fabricate in our shop.
They're not fancy, but are very inexpensive to make, look great, and
last a long time.

Marie Via, Director of Exhibitions
Memorial Art Gallery
500 University Avenue