From:
George Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:03:58 +1100
Yesterday, John Hale wrote:
>   Here is a question about dehumidifiers.  I have two dehumidifiers,
running full blast, 24-7, in an 1858 log cabin.  There is
>growing, in the discharge pan, what appears to be green algae.  The pans
drain out through plastic tubing that runs through >he wall chinking into
the flower beds outside.  Is there anything I can put in the discharge pans
to kill the algae?

I'd be wary of using any chemicals, as these might have an adverse effect
on the flower beds. Is it possible to cover the pans to exclude light. This
should at least stunt the growth.

George Bailey
Objects Conservator
Australian War Memorial