From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:04:25 -0400
For one, I am glad to see this issue raised.  That was the rule at this
museum, but as usual, no one remembered why it was established, and so I
quickly removed it.  (Still no refreshments, pets, etc. in our gallery
buildings)

I have the distinct impression that many museums have certain regulations
dating back to another generation when everyone was uptight about this or
that, and had no real "feel" for serving the public.  Fifty years later, do
they still make sense?

Ross Weeks Jr.