From:
MARK FOWLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:52:33 -0800
---- Snip ----

Hello all
A co-worker from my museum was recently visiting another museum when she
discovered their use of "clear" light bulbs.  They have no tint-you can
see
the filament , and apparently cast a different kind of light than the
typical modern bulbs on today's market.  Our museum is actually an
historic
house of 1890's and we'd like to use those light bulbs.  Does anyone out
there know of such a thing? Kind of 'old-fashioned looking'.
Thanks,
Dorothy

---- Snip ----

Dorthy,

You should be able to find a selection of clear bulbs at a good lighting
store.  Whether they have the "oldtime look" or not may be a problem.

However, over the years we have supplied traffic lights that have been
modified with our interactive electronics.  These traffic lights have
special 67 Watt clear bulbs in them that have the "oldtime look" and
last for a long time.  So if your interested, I would suggest that you
contact your local city maintenance dept. and see if they have a local
source.

-Mark-

**************************************
* Mark Fowle, General Manager        *