From:
Janine Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 17:42:30 -0500
Kristin, I would suggest calling the Stanford Museum in Stanford,
California.  I am sure that people there would be more than willing to
share personal experiences from the 7.1 earthquake.  I don't know what
their budget was or is, but they _definitely_ were not prepared for the
that quake.  Hope this is helpful.

On 17 Jan, Kristin wrote:
>>I am writing a research paper on earthquake preparedness.  It will
focus on small musuems who don't have the budgetary means to care
for their collections.  If anyone has any information or personal
experiences they can share it would be appreciated.<<

Janine Jones
National Museum of the American Indian
Smithsonian Institution
New York, New York