From:
Steve Eichner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 11:50:19 EST
     I would think that random access technology would be incredibly useful
     in producing a children's/family tour. Links could be made across a
     wide range of topics and artifacts that are child-oriented. These
     could focus on things like texture and color- what are the
     similarities- what are the differences. If children spend different
     amounts of time in front of exhibits (both from other children and
     from adults), then "free flow" through exhibition space made possible
     by random access will encourage interaction between parents and
     children because the parents will not be "tracked" by the linear flow
     of a cassette tour.

     -Just a first line of thought

     The thoughts expressed above are my own and do not necessarily
     reflect anyone else's.
     Steve Eichner           Association of Science-Technology Centers
     Research Analyst                               Washington, DC USA
     [log in to unmask]                              ph: (202) 783-7200
     http://www.astc.org/astc                      fax: (202) 783-7207