Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 08:30:15 -0400
I am posting this query to both CAAH and Museum-L; please forgive any
duplication.  A recent graduate of ours has been awarded a Fulbright for 1995-96
. Her project deals with West African textiles and she has planned to work in G
hana. Because the universities have been on strike since early April, she is hav
ing great difficulty securing an institutional affiliation.  After a long delay,
 she finally
received pre-affiliation forms from the University of Ghana in Accra but is not
certain that she will hear back from them before she is scheduled to leave for A
frica later this summer.  It is entirely possible that they will not have room f
or her.  She has written to the National Museum and to the Center for National C
ulture in Accra and to the University of Science and Technology in Kumasi and ha
s not yet received any response. She has no personal contacts in Ghana.  No one
on our faculty has any leads.  If anyone on the list has any suggestions for her
 in terms of
people or institutions who might be willing and able to sponsor her (educational
 or cultural) to contact, I would be grateful.  You can respond to me directly a
t [log in to unmask]  Thank you.  Ellen Lawrence. Cantor Art Galler
y. College of the Holy Cross.