From:
Yin Yoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:14:41 -0700
At the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles:

EXTENDED MUSEUM HOURS
(Friday, October 28, 2005, 6-10 PM)
In celebration of the World's Longest Hearse Procession, the Petersen
Automotive Museum will keep its doors open through Friday evening.
Extended Museum hours will also feature two special presentations
drawing attention to the history, craftsmanship, and use of the hearse
with historians James Crabtree and William McCall.   Please see below
for presentation details.

DEMYSTIFYING THE HEARSE WITH JAMES CRABTREE
(Friday, October 28, 2005, 7:30-9 PM)
Please join us for a special presentation by automotive historian Jim
Crabtree as he demystifies the hearse in a way that they can be
appreciated and approached without fear.  Learn about the craftsmanship,
individuality, technology, and practical and ceremonial uses of hearses
to gain a deeper understanding of their design and use.  James Crabtree
is a RN, BSN, and MICN, as well as a long time member of the Los Angeles
County Office of Emergency Medical Services (EMS).  An expert and
instructor on terrorism response tactics, Crabtree is an accomplished
historian whose interest deals with the history of the funerary and
ambulance vehicles in America.

WORLD'S LONGEST HEARSE PROCESSION
(Saturday, October 29, 2005)
Already well known for its progressive exhibits and educational
programs, the Petersen Automotive Museum is now poised to achieve
prominence in the realm of world record-breaking.  Join us as we
establish the Guinness World Record for the World's Longest Hearse
Procession.  Presented in partnership with the California Funeral Car
Consortium, the World's Longest Hearse Procession brings together
funeral car enthusiasts from all over America who will converge on the
Petersen Automotive Museum to celebrate the beauty and craftsmanship of
funeral cars.  With more than 200 vehicles from all eras of automotive
history expected, the day will be full of food, fun and festivities,
including live concert performances.  Share in this milestone event and,
if you have a hearse, make plans to bring it!  Please remember that
registration is required.  For more information or to register online,
go to www.hearseprocession.com.  2005 World's Longest Hearse Procession
sponsors include Dignity Memorial Network and Forest Lawn Corporation.

Yin Yoon
Education Manager
Petersen Automotive Museum
6060 Wilshire Boulevard