From:
Ian Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 13:36:27 GMT
At 02:22 PM 12/7/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Zirakzadeh Science Foundation, as part of its fund-raising efforts to
>finance the building of a science museum, is offering a collection of
>electrical and electronic calculators to science museums and
>collectors.

        While I am most sympathetic to the idea of creating a new science
museum, I cannot help but feel a degree of alarm at the idea of selling
collections for this purpose, it is a most dangerous road to travel and if
memory serves me well is not exactly in accord with ICOM and other codes of
practice. I would be very grateful if you could clarify your position here,
as I may have misunderstood your intentions.
IAN SIMMONS

- A mind stretched by new ideas never returns to the same shape

                                        - RALPH WALDO EMERSON