From:
Jolly Roger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 1998 11:10:11 PDT
I find it MOST interesting that the Manager Museums & Libraries is now called 'Director'.  Equally, that promised HUGE COST SAVINGS which was the much trumpeted rationale for the dis establishment of the Director's (and other positions) two years ago, is obviously NOT coming to pass.
The recent rash of 'Manager's' positions and staff defections at WMAH suggests that the original concept of a 'Museum Director within a Museum' was not a bad idea after all!