From:
Allan Mccollum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:07:54 EDT
Tim, if you're talking about the 1999 version, I should like to add that the
credibility wasn't helped much either by the scene with Pierce Brosnan eating
his bagged lunch while sitting in one of the painting galleries, as the guards
looked on unperturbed!

Allan

In a message dated 10/8/03 3:59:15 PM,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>While not recommending it as one
>of my favourites, "The Thomas Crowne
>Affair" might fit your bill.  I remember
>watching it, thinking that the
>multi-million dollar caper wouldn't
>work in my (at the time) small,
>local history museum (in a town
>of 6500 people)  because we had
>something as radical as motion
>sensors in the shipping bay!  So, the
>credibility of the story flew out
>the window for me right there, but
>still, it had me thinking about how
>museums in the real world operate.

Allan McCollum
63 Greene Street, #308
New York, NY 10012
USA
Email:
<A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>
Website: <A HREF="http://home.att.net/~allanmcnyc">
http://home.att.net/~allanmcnyc</A>