From:
Mark Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 00:49:27 -0800
Henry Grunder wrote:

> To make a long story short, can someone with a Philips lamp
> catalog look in it to see if Philips gives a _color
> temperature_ (degrees Kelvin) for their "Traffic Signal 69W 130v,
> 685 lumen,
> "8000 hr"" lamp? I lack a Philips catalog, but my GE catalog
> lists something that must be virtually the same (Prod code
> 17325 or 18207). Unfortunately, the GE cat doesn't give color
> temp.
> Henry Grunder
> Conservation/Preservation Coordinator
> The Library of Virginia

As its name implies, this lamp is almost always used as a light source
behind colored glass.  As such, its color temperature is for all intents
and purposes unimportant and thus not stated in any of the lamp
manufactures catalogs.

You would have to contact the manufacturer or agent to request the spec
on this lamp, but it is more than likely in the 2800 to 3050 degrees
Kelvin range at rated voltage.

Mark