From:
Joaquim Jorge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 23:20:41 -0000
Hi Liana!

I am more or less in the same situation, I'm a Portuguese anthropologist
from Lisboa [Lisbon] and since September 1991 I work in a municipal museum.
I think it is a lot easier to work in UK (or any other country from EU) and
much harder to find any position in US.

It might help if you decide where you want to study in the US (which state,
area) and go from there. I am sure you know the American Association of
Museums (www.aam-us.org) it is a very good place to take a look before you
decide where you want to study and settle down to start a job hunt.
Don't worry about visas and the paper work now, focus on a
programm/university/area you want to study and try to "land" safe, don't be
affraid to inquiry a bunch of people to get what you desire!

All I can do is keep in touch and forward all the positions and interships
available in UK and US.

I wish you good luck,

I hope these ideas can help you somehow

Joaquim Jorge