From:
Dawn Scher Thomae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:27:19 -0600
We are searching for panel presenters for a session about working with guest
curators in museums for the Association of Midwest Museums (AMM)conference
in Milwaukee from November 5-8.  While this type of collaboration is common
in art museums, the feeling is that it doesn't happen quite as often in
other types of museums. With a shortage of personnel (and expertise) in some
museums, this can be a great way to work with your community (in the broad
or narrow sense)and integrate new exhibit or program ideas.  We would like
speakers who have been on either side (with the museum or as a guest
curator)and discuss the pros and cons of this type of relationship.  Please
contact Louise Pfotenhauer at [log in to unmask] if interested..

We are particularly encouraging presenters from our region, which includes
Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana.
(Please be aware that compensation is not provided for presenters.)

Dawn Scher Thomae
AMM 2003 Program Co-Chair