From:
Elisabeth Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 13:28:04 -0400
Jason,

Our policy for special temporary and traveling exhibits is now to charge a separate fee for admission equivalent to the museum admission, but no other museum fee is required.  We have the facilities to have a separate entrance and exit just for special exhibits.  Members get in free or for a reduced rate.  Also if visitors decide to visit one of the museums in conjunction with the special exhibit, the combo. price is a much better deal, which we hope helps drive traffic into one of the other museums based on the subject matter, (or in combination with an Omni ax film ticket).

The extra charge is deemed necessary just to help cover the costs of some of these blockbuster special exhibits--you figure most are well over six figures with rental fee and shipping.

Anyway, that's our M.O.!

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Jones
Director of Traveling Exhibits