From:
LA Maritime Museum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 11:22:39 -0800
As several have noted, the movie is set at the Field Museum in Chicago,
however, much of it was filmed here in Los Angeles in a warehouse near
the L.A. Maritime Museum.  Our tug, the Angeles Gate was used and
given a City of Chicago seal as it pushed the rusty hulk of a Victory
Ship (actually the SS Lane Victory, a museum ship) to a "Chicago dock".  We
all got quite a chuckle out of the story
line which has the ship drifting from the Amazon to Chicago (!).  We are
used to horror stories about museums and movies here in LA LA Land, but,
they do pay fantastic sums to film on our locations.

Los Angeles Maritime Museum
San Pedro, California
[log in to unmask]  310.548.7618
Please Place Intended Reciepient's Name in Subject Line