From:
Patricia McElyea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 12:39:56 CST
        Beyond the fact that there is already a site on-line specifically
for the posting of museum professional resumes, I would like to
mention another fact that makes this a questionable idea.  The total
number of list members who are in a position to do any hiring
(regardless of whether they have an open position), is relatively
small.  The majority of the rest of us do not have that authority.
We are then put in the unfortunate position of having to wade through
a deluge of resumes that we simply can't use.  What is more, a
substantial number of list members pay for their e-mail based on the
number of items they receive.  These people would not only be
receiving resumes that are of no real use to them, but they would be
paying for the privilege!!

Patricia McElyea                                 Unless the heart sees
Curator of Collections                           The mind will never see.
Arkansas State
   University Museum                                      --Maori proverb