From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:47:38 +1200
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Even T. rex struggled with midlife crisis
A major midlife crisis came early for dinosaurs in the tyrannosaur family,
as new research suggests many of the giant beasts died just as they reached
their sexual prime

**  Fossil hunters appeal T. rex lease ruling
Fossil hunters who unearthed a juvenile Tyrannosaurus rex are appealing a
federal judge's ruling that a lease between the team and Harding County was
invalid

**  Hope for unveiling mystery for dinosaur's extinction promising
In 2002, Chinese scientists found the evidence in this regard in
Heilongjiang River valley of northeast China for the first time

**  The dinosaur goes digital
An East Bay startup is working to give life to a baby Camarasaurus, a
gentle, long-necked, plant-eating dinosaur that once roamed the Earth during
the Jurassic period
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Get your teeth into the beast of Dorking
Everyone is amazed such finds can be made just 30 miles from London but
there are rocks in the South East which are probably full of dinosaurs

**  Dinosaur exhibit opens soon at hands-on science museum
The exhibit's main attraction, Giganotosaurus, is a full-size skeleton of
the largest meat-eating dinosaur

**  All Around, the Caves, Plants and Pit Smack of Dinosaur Days
The trail was created with help from the Memphis Archaeological and
Geological Society, which lent technical expertise and gave the Botanic
Garden fossils

**  Other Fossil news - Killer kangaroo evidence found
Palaeontologists digging in northern Australia have found fossil evidence of
several new species - including a "killer kangaroo"

**  Bigger dinosaurs had warmer blood
James Gillooly of the University of Florida in Gainesville, US, and
colleagues started with an equation showing the relationship between body
size, body temperature and growth rate of an animal

**  Newfound Reptile Swam in Dinosaur Era
Dubbed Umoonasaurus, the creature lived in waters off the coast of what is
now Australia 115 million years ago, when the continent was located much
closer to Antarctica than it is now

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:
I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History