From:
Amy Douglass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 1994 10:29:00 -0700
It occurred to me when reading about the "internet art event" that Newsweek
magazine has a page entitled "Cyberscope" near the front of each issue that
talks about what's happening on the information superhighway.  This might
be a great vehicle for getting the word out about the various "virtual"
museums and internet link-ups that museums are creating.

The staff of Cyberscope can be reached by e-mailing:

We should let the public know that museums are actively engaged in the
information superhighway.  Yet another way to counter the myth that museums
are boring, out of touch, stuffy institutions.  (I think that awful commercial
where the bizarre battery-operated family visits the art museum clearly
shows that the public perception still holds strongly to this myth!)

Amy A. Douglass
Tempe Historical Museum