From:
Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 02:33:26 -0500
When I worked for a conservator several years ago, we used Renaissance Wax
on metal objects.  I think this would be preferable over lacquering which
seems a bit permanent, or at least hazardous to the artifact should it ever
need to be removed.  We bought it from Conservation Materials, now out of
business.  I think I bought it last from Light Impressions.  I've seen it
advertised in other supply catalogues as well.

Good luck,
Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Curator of Collections