From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 16:44:24 -0500
On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 4:01 PM, SUBSCRIBE MUSEUM-L Anonymous
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Has anyone utilized QR codes in exhibits? They seem like a cheap and relatively simple way to get more information to people that are looking for it. We have the web content already and are looking for ways to get it out there. Also, this seems like a good way to cross-promote lending institutions (the Museum of X lent this, here is a QR code for their website.) If you've used them what are the advantages/disadvantages you've seen? If you thought about using them and decided not to, why?

The Smithsonian's Museum of Natural History has QR codes in their new
oceans' hall. As a patron, I love them. Okay, part of the fun is in
scanning the barcode but it's nice to see more content on the web.
Most of the time I read it at home since it's hard to get everything
on my little Droid screen but I think it is a great way to add in
extra content in exhibits.

Deb Fuller