From:
Micki Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:02:41 -0800
Can anyone give me any suggestions for locating images of normal clothing
from the early 1930s, or in general from 1920s through 1940s, that would
be worn by locals of a Welsh fishing village?  I have many sources on
fashion of that era, but am interested in a "snapshot of life", men, women
and children of all ages.

Reading between the lines you can probably guess correctly that this is
for costuming the Dylan Thomas play Under Milk Wood, to be presented by
our small rural community theater group. The on-line images I have found
tend to focus on Welsh costume, but I am interested in daily working wear,
going to market, housework, getting ready for socials, etc. Thanks for any
help!

Micki Ryan
Formerly employed as Director, Orcas Island Historical Museum (WA)
Now at leisure... smelling the roses!