From:
"Jansonius, Remko (Vizcaya)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:57:44 -0400
Gail,
I agree with others - the Hobos have been good to me: they are
relatively inexpensive - ca. $80 each (with the 30+ Hobos that we
currently have, that's an important detail!); they are small and easy to
use. I use the shuttle to download data so I don't have to take each
Hobo to my office to read. I estimate that setting the Hobo to take a
reading every 30 or 36 minutes will make the battery last for four years
or so. While I use the Boxcart software to download data, I export it
and then import it in Climate Notebook. http://www.climatenotebook.org/
This software can be customized to types of material in the space of the
Hobo, and allows you to interpret data in various ways, for collection
manager, curator, engineer. We recently purchased a handheld hygrometer
(not cheap), to be able to do immediate on the spot readings.
Feel free to contact me if you need more info.
Remko Jansonius
Collections & Archives Manager
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
Miami, FL