From:
"Arthur H. Harris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 12:03:34 -0600
I've been following the thread reasonably closely and haven't really
noticed very much in the way of anti-American bias.  Lots of
disagreement about policy, what's spin and what's not, and the like, but
that's a long ways from anti-Americanism.  The day that disagreement
with the government (or, for that matter, agreement WITH the government)
is considered anti-American is the day that we've lost the dream.

With few or no exceptions, this thread has been carried out by patriotic
Americans who happen to differ on their interpretations of the evidence
and its reliability, and likewise on whether what the country has done
is moral and whether it will lead to greater or lesser security in
either the short run or long term.

I see no indication that any of the responders will tend to have more or
less "museum exhibit" bias than any of the others.

Art Harris

--
Laboratory for Environmental Biology, Centennial Museum
University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX  79968-0915