From:
Joy Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:58:33 -0500
A friend of mine worked at the Guggenheim in Bilbao for a few months. She is
going to check some details but here is what she has to say for the moment.

Not sure about this one, I might have some info at home so will look it up
and get back to you. The area around the Guggenheim itself is very nice
(round the main Plaza) though the National Police HQ is very close so might
be somewhere to avoid (with all the terrorism etc). I stayed in an area
called Deusto which was the student area and is quite nice by the University
end, also the Old Town (Casco Viejo I think) is really nice (possibly a bit
dodgy off the main drag) and there are some nice places round there. I'll
have a look at home, but if I don't find anything, I'd recommend somewhere
in the old town.

Hope this helps and I'll pass along any more info I get from her.

Joy Davidson
Canadian Heritage Information Network