From:
Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 03:09:09 -0400
*compassion for those with lost loved ones* and to those who experienced the
horror.  I can only imagine how terrifying that would be.

Although I've been in tears since I signed into Hotmail, I'm feeling comfort
from these messages I'm reading on this and the other list I watch.  In
Alaska I'm almost as far removed geographically from New York, Washington
D.C., and wherever the other plane was headed as one can be and still be in
the U.S.  My mind has returned to my brief Trade Tower experience many years
ago.  I was able to take a quick trip to New York after a class in
Washington before returning to my home Out West.  How do you see New York in
one day?  You start by looking down at it from the windows at the top of one
of the towers of the WTC, which was about 80 stories higher than I had ever
been before.

We here in my small town feel a deep sorrow for what has happened to our
country, compassion for those with lost loved ones, fear for what may come
next, and frustration that we are so far away that we cannot help.  There's
not even a place to donate blood here.  So we are joining the rest of the
country, and apparently much of the world, with our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for sharing your personal sides with the stories, compassion, and
information about the situation.

Jerrie Clarke
Director/Curator
Sheldon Museum