From:
Blake Lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 1994 17:08:06 EDT
>If you are on a system like mine,a Freenet that does not
>allow you to FTp to an archives site, you might miss
>some posts and not be able to get copies.

Everybody in the above situation, or who doesn't have ftp or netnews access,
check out Nyx...here's there telnet and ip addresses.

nyx.cs.du.edu
130.253.192.68

Sign up for a preview account, then send them a small donation on a personal
check (or a notarized signup form--I sent $10 as it was easier) and you'll
have netnews, ftp, www via lynx, and much more, including a UNIX prompt if
you want it and menus if you don't.

I used Nyx while working on the recent museums on the internet article, which
should be in OMNI in January.

Blake Lambert