From:
Julia Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:39:03 -0500
The Mila-Wall system is great but is pricey.  The good thing about it is
you can purchase modules as you can afford them and they all can be
configured to work in numerous different ways.  Once there is a basic
configuration, changing some of it can be done easily by one person.

Failing that, I've had movable walls built from dimensional lumber and
plywood into tall "boxes" a few inches thick and mounted on casters.
They are easy to move around, patch, paint and reconfigure but hard to
store.  However, they can be camouflaged to act just like a plain
gallery wall--just push them against an existing solid wall, tape and
plaster the joints and treat just like a solid wall until they are
needed again.

Julia Muney Moore
Public Art Administrator
Blackburn Architects, Indianapolis, IN