From:
Lorna Julyan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 10:35:34 +0000
Greetings to everyone from a new listserv user. My name is Lorna
Julyan, and I have just begun working on a contract with the British
Columbia Museums Association in Victoria, B.C. I am helping to design
a survey and also doing research for a project concerning schools and
museums integration. The objective of this project is to permanently
integrate museums and similar institutions into the school education
process of the province of British Columbia. The project spans all
grades in the school system. I am looking for information and
examples, both in Canada and internationally, of instances where
educators in the school system and museums have developed effective
relationships based on a perception of museums and heritage sites as
valuable and frequently used educational resources.

In addition, I am putting together a collection of resource materials
on this topic, and if anyone could send me brochures or leaflets
relating to current or past programs on this subject, I would greatly
appreciate their help. A search on ERIC, the educational index of
journal articles and reports, has yielded some useful citations, and I
will be looking at other journal indexes which include museum
journals. If anyone knows of other publications on this topic, such as
unpublished articles or reports, please let me know where I could
write or send an e-mail to ask for a copy. In addition, names and
addresses or e-mails of people who have been or are now involved in
such a project would be very useful.

Please e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask], or send an
e-mail to Lee Boyko (coordinator of this project) at

I would be very grateful for any assistance anyone could give me.
Thank you.
Lorna Julyan
Contractor, Schools and Museums Integration Project
B.C. Museums Association
514 Government Street
Victoria, BC   V8V 4X4
Phone: 604-387-3315 Fax: 604-387-1251