From:
Gail LaRosa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:43:59 +0000
The Pember Museum is a small Victorian natural history museum.  We
recently acquired an old, historically valuable egg collection which
was stored in a barn and a garage for years.  The eggs are complete
with data but are very dirty, even greasy, with what looks like soot.
 Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean these eggs?  We want to
make sure we do not remove any collector's marks and really don't
want to get them wet.  If you can help us out, we'd appreciate it.

thanks,

Gail La Rosa
Director
Pember Museum of Natural History