From:
Michelle Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:14:13 -0400
We have discontinued the practice of producing photos using a dark room. We
have completely switched over to using scanners. For most purposes our in-
house Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL with transparency lid works perfectly well.
The negative can be scanned once at a high resolution and then manipulated
later for different purposes.  Printers are also now requesting digital
images for reproduction (or they'll scan the negatives for a price).

Feel free to email off-list if you have any more questions.

-Michelle

Michelle Gallagher, Collections Manager
Palm Springs Desert Museum