From:
Sachin Shah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 1994 22:16:33 GMT
  I don't seem to understand on why is it that the school systems(public)
do not get help from museums to teach the science curriculla. I think that
science teachers and the U.S. Dept of Education should band together to
research and find out ways to help students to learn science the with the
help of museums. Develop a federal grant!
   How can museums help?
   (1) experiments set up by science museums to be later on practiced in
 the high school laboratory
   (2) ongoing  rapport btn students, teachers and the researchers on
 topics of science by the use of computers and e-mail.
   (3) Summer Internships at the museums with the scientists(benefical for
 inner city students.
   (4)Set up minimuseums in the school districts with the help of the
 science museums.
   (5) Sharing of new technologies and techniques on how to Xhelp severe
 learning disabled students to understand science and math.

  If we are going to excell in these areas such as technology, science,
 and mathematics we need to use an inter active approach which the
 museums can offer.

 If anybody has any suggestions-post 'em
                   Think About it
                         Sachin Shah