From:
cschartman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:27:06 -0500
Internship Opportunity:  Researcher, Tet, Vietnamese New Year, 4th Annual
Celebration
Winter 1998-1999

The New England Folklife Center,  a joint project of Lowell National
Historical Park and Middlesex Community College, documents the life and
traditions of the people of New England.  An urban laboratory for creating
community based projects, the New England Folklife Center collaborates with
local groups, cultural and social service agencies, individual scholars, and
schools.

The New England Folklife Center will celebrate its 4th Annual Tet
(Vietnamese New Year).  The greater Lowell community relies on us for our
exciting community-based Tet programs including dragon dancing,
storytelling, foodways demonstrations, and exhibits.  This year we will
redesign our program.  We seek an intern to assist in research and content
development.

The intern will primarily conduct textual research and community
interviewing, but will also contribute to exhibit design and event planning.
 We will work under a tight deadline and therefore seek a highly motivated
and organized individual.  Knowledge of Vietnamese culture and language is
preferred, though a strong interest is sufficient.  As this internship is
unpaid, the ideal candidate will be working toward an MA in Museum Studies
or Cultural Anthropology, and can potentially fulfill graduate requirements.
 This is a wonderful opportuinity to contribute substantially to the content
of an exhibition and series of programs.  Begins immediately.

For further information, contact:
Dr. Laurie Beth Kalb
Director
New England Folklife Center